Taylor's Leatherwear is a family owned and operated private company, specializing in providing leather outerwear for the police, military, and aviation industries. Many of our employees have been with us for more than 20 years and collectively we have been designing, servicing, and manufacturing leather police jackets for over 50 years.
While we no longer manufacture our jackets in the United States, each Taylor's Leatherwear jacket is still cut and sewn by hand and is made from the finest quality leather available. Durable but soft, our leather is tanned using only environmentally friendly methods in an ISO certified facility. The original factory in Tullahoma now serves as a distribution and service center, where we receive, inspect, and carefully customize each imported jacket. All jackets include our 5 year warranty and lifetime service--we guarantee a quality product that is second to none.
Our customers include retail stores, government agencies, and individuals.
Over the years, we have sewn for numerous city, county, and state police agencies--chances are, if you see a police officer on the street with a leather jacket, it's one of ours. From the "Chicago" to the "N.Y.P.D," these styles have become iconic in the representation of police officers in the United States. Our leathers have been worn by actors in many movies and television shows--from Hill Street Blues to Gotham, by music industry professionals, professional football players, and by some of the largest corporations in the country.
- Appalachian Tanning/Soesbe & Potter Leather Company is founded in Tullahoma, TN
- Manufactured & sold men's and children's leather sportswear
- "Red" Taylor purchases company and renames it "Taylor's Leatherwear"
- Begins providing leather outerwear for law enforcement officers
- David Patton, current owner & president, purchases the company
- Jackets appear on popular tv show "Hill Street Blues"
- Opened two retail stores selling all types of leather goods and furs
- Police customers include Milwaukee, Chicago and the state of Georgia as the wholesale police business grows
- Hundreds of law enforcement agencies across the country adopt their own Taylor's police jacket style--even the NYPD!
- All Fedex pilots are issued a custom Taylor's Leatherwear bomber jacket
- US Customs & Border Patrol adds a custom leather jacket to their uniform which they still wear today
- Launched online retail store
- Jackets appear on television shows "Gotham," "Sleepy Hollow," and "Tin Star"
- Today we supply jackets for virtually every major police department in the United States, and many commercial and private airlines